- Where to Buy an Engagement Ring in Connecticut
- How much are you supposed to spend on an engagement ring?
- The 16 Best Jewelers in Connecticut
- 1. Mallove’s (Middletown, CT)
- 2. Baribault Jewelers (Glastonbury, CT)
- 3. Glastonbury Jewelers (Glastonbury, CT)
- 4. Lux Bond & Green (West Hartford, CT)
- 5. Christie’s Fine Jewelry (Manchester, CT)
- 6. Rumanoff’s Fine Jewelry (Hamden, CT)
- 7. Sterling Jewelers (Wethersfield, CT)
- 8. Sebastianelli Jewelers (Wethersfield, CT)
- 9. Ideal Jewelers (Litchfield, CT)
- 10. Raymond’s Jewelers (Watertown, CT)
- 11. Branford Jewelers (Branford, CT)
- 12. Libero Jewelers (North Haven, CT)
- 13. b&v Jewelers (Southington, CT)
- 14. Grader Jewelers (Groton, CT)
- 15. Simply Majestic (Mystic, CT)
- 16. Enchanted Jewelry (Plainfield, CT)
- Other Options for Buying an Engagement Ring
Where to Buy an Engagement Ring in Connecticut
So it’s been enough with the dating, you’ve planned your proposal, and now you’re ready to buy an engagement ring. Or, maybe your wedding is fully planned except for the wedding bands. Either way, you’re in the right place. Here is a list of the best jewelers in Connecticut from a wedding and proposal photographer’s perspective.
How much are you supposed to spend on an engagement ring?
The amount of money you should spend on an engagement ring is totally subjective. It could depend on multiple factors, not the least of which are your budget, overall financial situation, and your partner’s expectations.
Know that in 2022, the average amount spent on an engagement ring was a little under $4000. If you’re looking for old-school advice, consider a budget based on your monthly income. If you’re money-conscious, consider more practical advice on engagement ring budgets.
The 16 Best Jewelers in Connecticut
1. Mallove’s (Middletown, CT)
Located on the main drag in downtown Middletown, Malloves Jewelers is a great place to get an engagement ring in Connecticut. The proof is in the pudding here: Malloves was a Connecticut Magazine Best Of award winner in 2021.
2. Baribault Jewelers (Glastonbury, CT)
Baribault Jewelers has all of your jewelry needs covered, from engagement rings to necklaces. One of several Glastonbury jewelers, this one sets itself a part from the rest by having hundreds of five-star reviews on Google.
3. Glastonbury Jewelers (Glastonbury, CT)
Yet another jeweler located in Glastonbury, Glastonbury Jewelers probably wins on name recognition alone. If you’re getting weddings in Connecticut, a big reason to consider this jeweler is due to their extensive custom design experience.
4. Lux Bond & Green (West Hartford, CT)
Specializing in everything from wedding bands to Rolex watches, Lux Bond & Green has been known as one of Connecticut’s best jewelers for over 100 years. While I’d recommend going in person to their West Hartford location when seeking wedding items, LB&J has a great online inventory of engagement diamonds on their website.
5. Christie’s Fine Jewelry (Manchester, CT)
Yet another wedding ring jeweler in Connecticut with custom design services, Christie’s has some excellent offerings. Something that stands about this jeweler is their inventory of lab-grown engagement ring diamonds. Bonus tip: there’s a David’s Bridal dress shop nearby.
6. Rumanoff’s Fine Jewelry (Hamden, CT)
Located in the competitive greater New Haven area, Rumanoff’s is a family-owned jeweler. This is definitely one of the best jewelers in Connecticut, offering stock from some high-end wedding band designers like Tacori.
7. Sterling Jewelers (Wethersfield, CT)
Sterling Jewelers of Wethersfield has been around since 1947. They offer engagement rings and wedding bands from more than two dozen designers. Much of their inventory is available for online browsing, too.
8. Sebastianelli Jewelers (Wethersfield, CT)
9. Ideal Jewelers (Litchfield, CT)
If you’re looking to propose, Litchfield would make a great location for both the act itself as well as buying the engagement ring. Ideal Jewelers is, well, an ideal choice for purchasing an engagement ring in Connecticut.
10. Raymond’s Jewelers (Watertown, CT)
Raymond’s Jewelers is centrally located on Main Street in Watertown, not too far from Lion Rock Farm in the Litchfield area. It’s rated just under five stars on Google, meaning people buying wedding rings in Connecticut love it here.
11. Branford Jewelers (Branford, CT)
One of the best jewelers in Connecticut for traditionally masculine wedding bands, Branford Jewelers carries literally hundreds of such options. They also have plenty of engagement ring options, too.
12. Libero Jewelers (North Haven, CT)
North Haven’s Libero Jewelers carries an extensive collection of jewelry options, from engagement rings to watches.
13. b&v Jewelers (Southington, CT)
Boasting 100+ five-star reviews on Google and several hundred likes on Facebook, b&v Jewelers of Southington is a newer jeweler here in the state of Connecticut.
14. Grader Jewelers (Groton, CT)
Grader Jewelers is one of the more popular options in the southeastern part of the state. This third-generation, family-owned business deserves a visit if you’re in the Groton, Mystic, or Stonington area.
15. Simply Majestic (Mystic, CT)
And speaking of Mystic, Simply Majestic is perhaps the most popular jeweler in this village’s downtown area. In addition to being a great option for engagement rings and wedding bands, the nice touch of free jewelry cleanings is key.
16. Enchanted Jewelry (Plainfield, CT)
Located right off of I-395 in Plainfield is Enchanted Jewelry, a small shop with big heart and years of experience. Owner Jill Keith and her staff met with me recently to talk about one of their specialties, custom engagement rings.
Other Options for Buying an Engagement Ring
If going to New York City for an engagement ring is your idea of an adventure, consider a diamond dealer such as David’s Diamonds. In Rhode Island, Providence Diamond has a great reputation. If you’re near Boston (or want to shop online), give Brilliant Earth a look.
In case you want some more advice…
I’m a wedding photographer and would love to help. Just click below for more.