- CT Food Trucks to Rent for Your Wedding
- Things to Consider for Wedding Food Truck Catering
- Great Food Truck Catering for Connecticut Weddings
- Learn More
CT Food Trucks to Rent for Your Wedding
As you plan your wedding, you’ll have a ton of decisions to make. You’ll be looking for the best venue for your needs, a wedding planner to help you get everything, and a photographer to capture all the moments. But you have different avenues for food, too. Here’s a quick guide to a lesser known, but very awesome, option: wedding food trucks in Connecticut.
Things to Consider for Wedding Food Truck Catering
Here’s some advice on food truck catering for weddings:
- Consider mileage. Because they’ll be driving to your wedding venue with lots of fresh food and equipment, your food truck caterer may charge a fee if your wedding takes place outside of their home radius.
- Ask about setup and cleanup. Because they don’t work for your wedding venue, some wedding food truck catering businesses charge extra for setup and cleanup. The staff they usually bring with them are there to make and serve your food, not necessarily to clean. So be sure to ask about this.
- Figure out dinnerware and utensils. If you have a specific aesthetic that you’re going for, bear in mind that your food truck’s plating and utensils might not necessarily match. Ask them about options, talk to your venue about renting from them, or consider buying your own.
- You may need to find a bartender, too. Most wedding food trucks handle food only. But don’t worry, as there are plenty of wedding bartender services around. It might be a good idea to ask your prospective food truck businesses if they have any bar service recommendations that they work with often.
- Your venue needs to approve your food truck. Keep in mind that your food truck caterer will be a guest at your wedding venue. So, be sure to consult with your venue before booking your food truck.
Great Food Truck Catering for Connecticut Weddings
1. Victoria’s Wood Fired Pizza
If you love pizza and great service, Victoria’s Wood Fired Pizza is one of the wedding food trucks in CT that you must consider. Based in Bethel, Victoria’s has a pizzeria there. But where they really shine is in catering events.
Victoria’s prices itself on being a self-contained, mobile kitchen solution for food truck catering in Connecticut. Having seen them in action, I can vouch for that. They arrived at a wedding I photographed, set up, and then worked on food all day. By the time dinner rolled around, they had already served plenty of cocktail hour snacks to guests and had the oven roaring.
When I asked my couple how they felt about Victoria’s after their wedding, the bride had this to say: “Victoria’s was able to work with us to not only provide gluten free and vegan options for guests but also to offer gnocchi if anyone didn’t want pizza and to go as far as to make a special meal for Vito’s godfather who had very specific dietary restrictions.”
2. Blue Chip Creamery
Wedding food trucks in Connecticut aren’t just about savory meals. If you’re looking for a dessert option, Blue Chip Creamery has you covered. Based in Glastonbury, they offer wedding service where their truck will show up with a staff ready to hand scoop ice cream for your guests. This is an excellent option for a summer wedding in CT.
With over 200 five-star reviews, it’s obvious that Blue Chip Creamery knows what they’re doing. Says one reviewer, “The ice cream was a nice treat to end the night and everyone LOVED that they could pick their own dessert. Would highly recommend having them at any event!”
3. Bear’s Smokehouse
If you love BBQ and live in Connecticut, then you’ve probably heard of Bear’s Smokehouse. There are four locations in the state at this point and Bear’s has a great reputation for catering everything from small to large events. Their catering menu is extensive, offering everything from appetizers to full racks of ribs.
4. Old World Pizza Truck
Old World Pizza Truck is another one of the great wedding food trucks in CT. This business is based in the East Rock area of New Haven, where their four trucks and pizza ovens area ready to cater events. Using locally-sourced ingredients, OWPT offers dozens of toppings.
With about 100 reviews on Google, this food truck catering business has just under a five-star rating. Says one reviewer, “Old World Pizza truck is amazing! They were the caterers at my daughters wedding this summer, and it was a huge hit. Their salad was excellent, and, as advertised, over 40 different types of pizza were offered.”
5. Big Green Truck Pizza
Connecticut is known for its pizza for great reasons. New Haven’s Big Green Truck Pizza is another example of this, catering CT weddings for decades. In addition to good food, the appeal of booking them for food truck catering extends to their actual trucks. They’re over 70 years old, restored and shiny. Consider booking their BEV Truck, too, for bar service.
6. Feelin’ Saucy Pasta Truck
Love pasta? Then Chef Tyler Demora’s Feelin’ Saucy Pasta Truck may be the CT food truck for your wedding day. On the regular, Feelin’ Saucy travels all over the state to breweries and the like. Interestingly enough, Chef Tyler also offers private chef services, perfect for at-home events like date night.
7. Zuppardi’s Apizza
Again, pizza lovers are in luck. Zuppardi’s Apizza not only has some of the best pizza in the state, but they also offer food truck catering in Connecticut. Zuppardi’s offers a pretty simple pricing structure, charging by the range of people (it’s about $2700 for 100-125 people, for example) and then for mileage (no charge within 40 miles of New Haven).
8. The Whey Station
As a sucker for grilled cheese sandwiches, I almost want to propose to my wife again so that we can have The Whey Station cater our wedding. This Connecticut food truck is known for its gourmet grilled cheeses and sides. In addition to weddings, you can find them traveling around in the Greater Middletown and Hartford areas.
9. NoRa Cupcake Company
Another great dessert and treat option for Connecticut food trucks to rent for your wedding is NoRa Cupcake Company in Middletown. For weddings, NoRa offers regular cupcakes, mini cupcakes, and actual cakes themselves. They can also work with you to customize an entire table of treats for your wedding reception.
10. Los Mariachis
For lovers of Mexican cuisine, Wallingford’s Los Mariachis is one of the best Connecticut food trucks to rent for a wedding. Conveniently, Los Mariachis is licensed to serve alcohol and can keep your guests hydrated with cocktails on your wedding day.
11. Loco Catering Group
Coming out of Fairfield is Loco Catering Group. If options are what you seek, then this might be the CT food truck for your wedding. They have several food trucks, including Taco Loco, Loco Dogs (burgers and hot dogs), and Loco BBQ. You can even add on bar service to your booking.
12. SeaSide Sliders
Another option among the great Connecticut food trucks to rent for a wedding is SeaSide Sliders. Based in Norwalk, they promise great small bites (tater tots, sliders, and salads) for your wedding day. What’s more is that SeaSide includes setup and cleanup service with your booking.