Wedding Story: Jessica and Nick in Portland, CT
From the moment I first posted Jessica and Nick’s engagement session photos on my Instagram, people commented about how in love they seemed. The sibling of a past wedding client, Jessica told me through the planning process that she and Nick just wanted to have fun on their day. Their Portland CT wedding at Saint Clements Castle & Marina definitely fit the bill.
This Portland CT Wedding Vendor Team
- Venue: Saint Clements Castle & Marina
- Getting Ready Hotel: Inn at Middletown (Middletown, CT)
- Hair Stylist: Bella Flora Salon and Spa
- Makeup Artist: Blush and Wave
- Florist: In Bloom Events
- Caterer: Saint Clements Castle & Marina
- Cake: Chimirri’s Italian Pastry Shoppe
- Jeweler: Blue Nile, Angara Jewelry, Revolution Jewelry
- Bridal Shop: Mariella Creations
- Suits: Formals by Antonio
- DJ: After Hours Events of New England
- Transportation: Premier Elite Limousine
- Videographer: Mermaid’s Reel
- Décor: Power Station Events
Every now and then, you’re amazed at how small the world is. I first met Jessica and Nick during her sister’s wedding in Litchfield. We got along great and they booked me as their wedding photographer. These two were like models during their engagement session at Harkness.
Nick told me, “One of the big factors to was the history packed into St. Clements. From the structure itself to some of the beautiful handcrafted furniture in many of the rooms–we are both pretty much history nerds so St. Clements really checked the box in that regard.”
Their Portland CT wedding was scorcher of a day, with it being at least 80 degrees during their ceremony. “We knew something was bound to go sideways but we were committed to not having anything take away from our day and I do think we stuck to it.” By all means, they made it happen!