Wedding Venue Feature: Maneeley’s
|Vibe and Features||Outdoor/indoor, rustic lodge charm, great catering|
|Location||65 Rye St.|
South Windsor, CT 06074
|Similar Venues||Webb Barn, Salem Herbfarm|
- Wedding Venue Feature: Maneeley’s
- History and Other Info
- Venue Vibe and Features
- Maneeley’s Wedding Cost and Day-of Info
- Megan and Robbie’s New Year’s Eve Wedding at Maneeley’s
- Learn More
Just east of the Connecticut River, located in Greater Hartford, is the nice town of South Windsor, CT, home of The Lodge at Maneeley’s. This venue has a rich history of hosting events in the central part of the state and is known for doing great with rustic weddings. Those looking for a no-frills wedding day with small-town vibes in a rustic setting must give this venue a look.
Read on for more Maneeley’s wedding photos and insight!
History and Other Info
The history of Maneeley’s weddings starts with the catering industry. Longtime owner Bruce Maneeley started working in the catering industry at the age of nine. Later in the mid-eighties, he started Maneeley’s Catering Services. Until this day, Maneeley’s still offers great catering (it was actually a family Christmas Eve party tradition of ours to get food from there for the past several years.) This business eventually expanded into covering events, including weddings.
In 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic, Maneeley’s made some big changes to their property, selling it and closing the Grand Ballroom. No, Maneeley’s hasn’t gone out of business, it’s just that they no longer offer ballroom weddings and the property has changed owners.
So, at this point, Maneeley’s weddings are exclusively taking place within The Lodge.
Venue Vibe and Features
The Lodge at Maneeley’s Layout
The interior of The Lodge at Maneeley’s is simple: it’s a large rectangle with a single getting ready suite and restrooms. That’s it! The interior walls are adorned with a maple wood finish. The presence of string lights helps finish off the rustic feel of a Maneeley’s wedding.
Outside, The Lodge has a large concrete patio, a small covered area, a gazebo, a wooden foot bridge, and plenty of grass. Maneeley’s can accommodate both indoor and outdoor ceremonies. (The barn you may have heard about is actually across the street on someone else’s property; be sure to ask the Maneeley’s staff for an escort before heading over there.)
The Maneeley’s Ballroom
As mentioned earlier, Maneeley’s is no longer offering weddings in the former Grand Ballroom. Now, this part of the property (which is in a building separate from The Lodge) houses a second getting ready suite. Depending on when your South Windsor wedding at Maneeley’s takes place, you might find some cool stuff in the other parts of the building.
Maneeley’s Wedding Cost and Day-of Info
As you plan your Maneeley’s wedding, cost and wedding day factors to consider:
- Friday and Saturday weddings require a 100-guest minimum.
- The on-site ceremony fee is about $850, the facility fee is about $1000, and the venue will add about a 25% gratuity to the bill.
- The main getting ready suite, in The Lodge, is available up to two hours before your ceremony time.
- Several reception food packages are available, roughly in the range of $95-$105 per person.
- This venue does include some day-of coordinator help to its couples (bear in mind that this isn’t quite the same as a full-blown wedding planner).
Of course, be sure to contact Maneeley’s directly for specifics and to inquire!
Megan and Robbie’s New Year’s Eve Wedding at Maneeley’s
Again, it’s always great to receive a word-of-mouth referral. This is essentially how I ended up photographing Megan and Robbie’s New Year’s Eve wedding at Maneeley’s: a couple of friends of theirs are past wedding clients of mine as well.
Before I get to their wedding, allow me to show you how fun Megan and Robbie were during their Wickham Park engagement session:
This Winter Maneeley’s Wedding Vendor Team
- Wedding Date: December 31, 2021 (New Year’s Eve 2022)
- Venue: The Lodge at Maneeley’s (South Windsor, CT)
- Florist: Jennifer from Stop & Shop
- DJ: Powerstation Events
- Dress Shop: Pure Bliss Bridals
- Bakery: Modern Pastry
Their New Year’s Eve Wedding Night
Megan and Robbie’s wedding day was a dream come true for a few reasons, not the least of which were:
- It was a late winter wedding, meaning that the sun would go down early (if you didn’t already know, I love taking dark wedding photos).
- It was a New Year’s Eve wedding.
As you’ll see in the photos, these two, their wedding party and families, and their guests all had a great time. What a way to ring in the new year!
If you’re ready to start the conversation about your own wedding at The Lodge at Maneeley’s, then just reach out to their staff today.
I used the following references at different points in this post:
- “S. Windsor’s Maneeley’s shutters large event space,” Journal Inquirer for Hartford Business Journal
- “Chamber Names Bruce Maneeley Businessperson of the Year,” Quoron Walker, Hartford Courant
Looking for a photographer for your wedding at Maneeley’s?
This venue is definitely familiar to me! Click below to read more about my offerings or to head directly over to my contact page.