The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Weddings
Outdoor, rustic, tree farm, scenic views, tent reception
141 Norman Rd.
Griswold, CT 06351
- 1 The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Weddings
- 1.1 Venue Vibe and Features
- 1.2 History and Other Info
- 1.3 Gallery
- 1.4 Stephanie and Matt’s The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Wedding Day
- 1.5 Learn More About The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Weddings
- 1.6 Need a photographer for your The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm wedding?
Perched way up on a hill surrounded by acres and acres of Christmas trees, The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm is simple but beautiful. Read on to hear what this outdoor-only Connecticut wedding venue can offer you. And at the end of this post, be on the watch for a wedding day gallery and contact information!
Venue Vibe and Features
Here are some of the key features of The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm:
- Outdoor weddings
- Small, indoor pre-ceremony waiting area
- Fully functional restrooms on location
- Open-air ceremony patio perched up on a hill
- Tented reception area
- Fire pit
- Multiple preferred caterer choices
If a laid back outdoor affair is your goal, The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm weddings have the potential to be a great bang for your buck. Here are some characteristics of this venue?
- Rustic: Located in Griswold, everything is green for miles and miles. And because the venue is perched up on a hill, you really are pretty much in the woods.
- Accessible: Allow me to elaborate on that last point: The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm is very easily accessed by car. You and your guests will be able to drive right up hill from the street, park, and there you’ll be. The venue even owns a small shuttle that be used to get you and your wedding party to the venue.
- Christmas Trees: The name says it all: The Overlook is located on a Christmas tree farm. They’re all over the place!
History and Other Info
The Overlook at Geer Tree farm, as a wedding venue, has its roots in Christmas tree farming. No pun intended (sorry). The property has been family-owned by the Geers since the seventeenth century. What that means for you, as a nearlywed, is that they will handle your special day with care.
One other thing to note: this is a pretty big outdoor venue. Because of that, there are lots of possibilities for things like games, extra tents, food stations, etc. Be sure to talk with The Overlook’s management if you have ideas that you’d like to incorporate!
Have a look at these photos to see what a The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm wedding has to offer you.
Stephanie and Matt’s The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Wedding Day
Original post 9/18/19: Remember Steph and Matt from last fall’s engagement session? Well, I had the honor of photographing their wedding at The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm wedding this past weekend. This was also a huge milestone in my photography career: Steph and Matt are the first Terrence Irving Photography wedding clients!
Summer Wedding at The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Highlight Video
Update 4/5/20: I thought I’d update this post to include the highlight I made for Stephanie and Matt’s wedding day. Check it out!
Their Wedding Day
- Wedding Date: September 14, 2019
- Venue: The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm (Griswold, CT)
- Hair Stylist: Bobbie Camp
- Makeup Artist: Arielle Anné Beauty
- Custom Bridesmaid Sneakers: The Glass Canvas
- Florist: The Sunshine Shop
- DJ: Danny O’ DJ
- Caterer: Matthew’s Catering
- Baker: Chocolate Rose Bake Shop
Learn More About The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm Weddings
As you plan your Connecticut wedding, give The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm a look! Stop by to grab a new tree from the farm, or just reach out to Bo directly to express your interest about your date.
Need a photographer for your The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm wedding?
Click below and let’s talk about how I can help you preserve the most important day of your life!