Wedding Venue Feature: Stone Acres Farm
|Vibe and Features||Outdoor, farm/garden atmosphere, plant life, tent reception|
|Guest Capacity||Essentially unlimited (see later notes)|
|Location||393 N Main St.|
Stonington, CT 06378
- Wedding Venue Feature: Stone Acres Farm
- History and Other Info
- Venue Vibe and Features
- Stone Acres Farm Venue Photo Gallery
- Mary and Ted’s Fall Stone Acres Farm Wedding
- Want to talk with a photographer about your wedding at Stone Acres Farm?
Tucked away in Stonington Borough just a stone’s throw away from the Point and downtown Mystic, Stone Acres Farm offers 63 acres of natural bliss for your wedding day. I met with Jane Meiser, Stone Acres’ Director of Operations and Events, to hear firsthand what this Connecticut wedding venue has to offer you on your wedding day.
Before you read on for the full feature, take a look at this quick video summary on YouTube, including a message from Stone Acres Farm on why you should consider them for your Stonington wedding day!
Video Summary: Connecticut Wedding Venue Stone Acres Farm
History and Other Info
Anchored in the Connecticut farming industry since 1765, Stone Acres Farm has an interesting history as a wedding venue here in the southeastern part of the state. It survived the Revolutionary War, used to be a dairy farm, and has maintained some family ties over time.
This Hartford Courant piece is a great profile of Stone Acres’ modern beginnings. Its current chapter starts in 2015. At that time, Jane and her restauranter husband, Dan, joined a team of investors who purchased the farm. This fits really well with the vision of 85th Day, the restaurant group of which they are a part. Have you ever heard of Oyster Club, The Port of Call, or Engine Room?
Venue Vibe and Features
Here are some of the key wedding venue features of Stone Acres Farm:
- Outdoor weddings
- Preparation suite available for rental
- No minimum or maximum guest count
- Open-air ceremony courtyard
- Tented and open-air reception area
- Multiple preferred caterer choices
As a wedding venue, Stone Acres Farm provides a great balance between picturesque New England views and rustic farm feels. The name says it all, folks:
- Stone: This is beautiful Stonington, which I’ve told you about before. Legend has it that the name pertains to the abundance of stone walls and…stones. If you’re considering a southeastern Connecticut wedding, Stonington should definitely be towards the top of your list.
- Acres: With 63 of them on Stone Acres Farm, there will be ample opportunity for your wedding day photo ops. But the land is about more than just aesthetics: Stone Acres Farm and its business partner team feel strongly about farm-to-table provisions and sustainable farming practices.
- Farm: Rooted in sourcing food responsibly, Stone Acres Farm grows vegetables every year, including both seedlings for your garden and vegetables for your dinner table. It’s involved in restaurant partnerships, too, including its local sister restaurants Oyster Club, Engine Room, and Grass & Bone.
- Nature: A wedding at Stone Acres Farm is a plant-lover’s dream. The beautifully-manicured grounds include flowers, trees, shrubs, and vines. There’s also a greenhouse. The staff take excellent care to keep the venue looking beautiful. This makes sense when you think about the farm’s roots (I apologize for the pun).
The Manor House
Stone Acres Farm’s main appeal is being outside for your wedding day, enjoying the lush greenery and blooms. But also situated on this property is the manor house, an elegant building that’s perfect for getting ready in. There’s space upstairs and downstairs for this, somewhat similarly to Inn at Mystic’s Haley Mansion.
Outdoor Gathering Areas
Outside, between the manor house and reception tent, there is plenty of room for guests to gather and mingle. A Stone Acres cocktail hour is traditionally held in the manor house courtyard.
Conveniently, guests can also comfortably gather in the ceremony courtyard.
Undoubtedly, you two and your guests will be ready to relax a little after saying “I do.” From the cocktail area, you’ll make your way across a short foot bridge to the Stone Acres Farm reception tent.
And regarding guest counts, Jane made it clear to me that Stone Acres Farm can reasonably accommodate a wedding of any size. The property is quite large, so this makes sense!
Stone Acres Farm Venue Photo Gallery
Have a look at these photos to see what Stone Acres Farm has to offer you (be sure to keep reading for more actual wedding images).
Mary and Ted’s Fall Stone Acres Farm Wedding
My first Stone Acres Farm couple were Mary and Ted, who had a beautiful fall Stonington wedding at this venue. It was actually one of Stone Acres Farm’s Summer Nights dinners that convinced these two that they wanted to get married here. They love it so much that we actually did part of their engagement session at Stone Acres Farm, too (the other half took place in Mystic).
Their Wedding Day
- Wedding Date: October 9, 2021
- Venue: Stone Acres Farm (Stonington, CT)
- Hair Stylist: Beehive Salon
- Makeup Artist: Lorna Made Me Blush Artistry
- Jeweler: Rumanoff’s Fine Jewelry
- Jewelry Designer: Tacori
- Dress Shop: The Plumed Serpant Bridal
- Shoe Designer: Valentino Garavani
- Florist: Verdant Floral
- DJ: Dennis Nardella
- Caterer: 85th Day
- Bakery: Zest Fresh Pastry
Wedding Day Photo Gallery
Want to talk with a photographer about your wedding at Stone Acres Farm?
I can help with that! Just click below for my contact page.