Wedding Venue Feature: Holiday Hill Day Camp Mansfield
|Vibe and Features
|Fully functional campground, endless woods, laid-back DIY feel
|41 Chaffeeville Rd.
Mansfield Center, CT 06250
|The Overlook at Geer Tree Farm
- Wedding Venue Feature: Holiday Hill Day Camp Mansfield
- Video Feature: Getting Married on a Campground in CT
- Info About Holiday Hill Day Camp
- Indoor Ceremony and Reception Setting
- Holiday Hill Campground Wedding Features
- Holiday Hill Wedding Costs
- Learn More
Near UConn’s main campus in Mansfield is a rural area known for its woods and nature. Naturally, the area has plenty of recreational facilities as well. One of them is Holiday Hill Day Camp, a perfect location for a campground wedding. Here are the details…
Can you get married on a campground in Connecticut?
Campground weddings in CT are definitely possible. Tamarack Lodge, Camp Laurelwood, and Holiday Hill Day Camp are all campground wedding venues in the state.
Video Feature: Getting Married on a Campground in CT
Here’s a quick video summary of having a campground wedding at Holiday Hill on my YouTube channel:
Info About Holiday Hill Day Camp
Holiday Hill is a rustic wedding venue located in Mansfield Center CT. (Also note that there’s another campground in the Waterbury area with a very similar name, so check your map accordingly!)
This wedding venue features the following great amenities for your memorable event:
- Tons of wide open space, perfect for spreading out and celebrating
- A big reception tent at the front of the property
- A great post and beam barn
- Plenty of parking
- Shuttle service
- A rentable PA system if you want DIY instead of booking a wedding DJ
Here are some more details about Holiday Hill’s event spaces:
Indoor Ceremony and Reception Setting
The most prominent structure at Holiday Hill is its white and green post and beam barn. This building seats up to 200 wedding guests for ceremonies.
When planning your wedding at Holiday Hill, you can either book a barn ceremony outright or use that space as a backup due to inclement weather.
Fortunately, the barn is also an option for your smaller wedding reception. It can seat 85 people for dinner.
Holiday Hill Campground Wedding Features
It might be a worthwhile idea to treat your event at Holiday Hill Day Camp like planning a backyard wedding. Here are some of the features of property:
Obviously, if you’re choosing this wedding venue, you’ll want to be outside having fun. Holiday Hill sits on 25 acres of land in Mansfield Center.
Here are some of the great outdoor recreational facilities that Holiday Hill Mansfield offers (which many other CT wedding venues do not):
- Zip line, fire pits, children’s playground,
- Several sports courts and fields (e.g., volleyball, soccer, softball, basketball)
- A miniature golf course
- A 25-yard swimming pool (including lifeguard duty)
Then, of course, is the spacious reception tent set towards the front of the property, right behind the main parking lot. Depending on how you lay out your banquet tables and dance space, the event tent can seat 300 people.
Perfect for getting ready, and even rentable for an overnight stay, Holiday Hill’s Duff Farmhouse is super convenient for your Connecticut campground wedding. The house has three bedrooms and a kitchen, ideal for one partner’s side of the wedding party to take over for your wedding day.
Interestingly, Duff Farmhouse is rentable via Airbnb. Note that the venue blocks wedding dates, so you may want to contact them directly if somehow the farmhouse is unavailable for your booked wedding weekend.
Holiday Hill Wedding Costs
A Holiday Hill Day Camp is definitely an affordable wedding venue in CT. Here’s some high-level cost info as of summer 2023:
- A $1200 deposit plus about $20/guest and $10/child gets you up to six hours, access to the barn, reception tent, and lawn, as well as getting ready time in the farmhouse.
- Advance decorating time can be reserved for $40/hour. This is stellar because in my opinion, not enough wedding venues give couples ample pre-ceremony time on site!
- Extra reception time at $150/hour planned and $250/hour unplanned.
- Optional add-on bonuses like shuttle service, swimming pool and lifeguard, and DIY sound system access.
Catering at Holiday Hill Day Camp
Your Holiday Hill Day Camp booking gets you all of the great things mentioned so far. But, you’ll have to secure food and catering on your own.
Depending on your vibe, you might consider booking an awesome food truck or two. If you need help finding a caterer, the venue would probably make recommendations.
Are you thinking that The Society Room of Hartford may be perfect for your wedding or event? Then use the link below to start the conversation.
Looking for a photographer for your Holiday Hill Day Camp wedding?
Click below to read more about my offerings or to head directly over to my contact page.